Our team culture can be described as creative, problem solving, and thinking past the limits. We're engineering driven from the top down, and will do what it takes to deliver the best product. Over 50% of the student doctors in the country get trained and tested using on our platform.
- Manage and lead the day to day operation of the Software Engineering and QA Engineering teams.
- Manage the entire development process from conception to release for existing and new products.
- Interface directly with all other departments within the organization on both tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with the product management team and the CTO to help define the roadmap.
- Prioritize and allocate tasks, institute modern processes, and manage all tools including Jira, CI, Github, etc.
- Train developers on best practices, lending experience and skills to the process.
- Oversee and promote our continuous learning process including weekly tech tips and tech talks, book orders, quarterly internal workshops, and annual conferences.
- Inspire, grow and mentor an awesome engineering team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience building and managing a highly functioning team across a versatile technology stack.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Comprehensive knowledge of web application, cloud technologies, and modern distributed architectures.
- Believe in automated testing, continuous integration is not new to you, and the idea of continuous delivery excites you.
- Experience managing an engineering team in multiple locations as one cohesive unit
- Know how to motivate and manage very technical talent to get the most out of them.
- Know how to balance competing needs of the business and technology, while able to deliver an elegant end product.
- Can institute a process based on the team needs inspired by agile, lean, scrum, and even waterfall.
- Has worked with UI/UX teams and product managers and knows how to integrate them into the development process.
- You enjoy people management as much as technical leadership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Degree in Computer Science or another applicable field.
- Both Linux and Windows experience are a must.
Some of the benefits of working at B-Line Medical include:
Work alongside with a smart and passionate group of software engineers, learn new tools and technologies, real software, real users, working in a casual and flexible work environment in a pretty cool city.
Our mission statement
To enhance medical simulation training and improve patient safety by providing the best tools for data capture, visualization, and analysis.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter including all relevant professional URLs such as: GitHub, Stack Overflow, LinkedIn, Personal blog or website