B‑Line Medical makes software that helps healthcare professionals and educators improve the delivery of healthcare. Focused on the capture, debriefing, and assessment of medical training and clinical events, B‑Line Medical specializes in the delivery of robust, yet easy-to-use web-based solutions. Our software has helped over 450 top hospitals, medical schools, and nursing programs in 18 countries operate and manage their training and QI programs more effectively.
Our Mission To Provide healthcare educators and clinicians with innovative video-driven solutions to effect real and immediate improvement in the delivery of care.
B-Line Medical is seeking a self-motivated Systems Administrator to join our team. The Systems Administrator is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of B-Line Medical’s corporate technology infrastructure. Additionally, the Systems Administrator will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
What you will be doing:
- Technical support for B-Line Medical’s IT systems including responding to Help Desk tickets and working with users to resolve issues
- Perform system upgrades and maintenance tasks, including installation and configuration of operating systems, administration of user accounts, and maintenance of system security standards
- Develop new system and application implementation plans and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains B-Line Medical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission-critical IT resources
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse
- Develop procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of mission-critical IT resources
- Provide technical input for policies and procedures, and maintaining accurate documentation on those policies/procedures.
- Properly estimating work efforts and technical challenges (scoping projects)
- Develop comprehensive technical, network and operational documentation
- Maintain and manage the inventory of corporate IT assets
- Manage the data center including hardware, software, and equipment such as air-conditioning system, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and fire protection system
- Stay current with technological developments in Systems Administration technology and recommend ways for B-Line Medical to take advantage of new technology
- Occasional after-hours support/maintenance on mission-critical systems
What we are looking for:
- 2 –5 years Systems Administration experience
- Strong technical experience with Hyper-V, Watchguard, Microsoft Server technologies
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of administration for Microsoft Windows operating system including installation, management, application deployment, and security
- Demonstrated knowledge in network hardware and routing protocols
- Experience in Virtualization and Cloud Services, Hyper-V
- Excellent Communication (engages others, appropriately sets expectations, actively listens to and assesses requests, seeks information not freely provided, shares updates clearly and concisely, organizes details and moves information effectively, ability to translate technical language to non-technical language, masters both written and verbal communication in their many forms)
- Ability to analyze business requirements and advise Management on options for operational improvement.
- Experience with Dell and Lenovo hardware troubleshooting and replacement
- Ability to lift 50 lbs to mount servers and networking equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, similar field or equivalent technical support experience
- Advanced Certification: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE, CCNA or another industry-recognized advanced certification